Level Five Painting, LLC.’s project done in Wellesley (MA) with Thibaut Grasscloth
Very common in the 60s to mid-70s, when houses were made from horsehair plaster, contractors, developers, and homeowners used wallpaper to mainly cover wall imperfections. Over the years, wallpaper changed a lot – not only in terms of the materials those coverings are made from but also its purpose. As trends come and go, wallpaper never went out of style, but some people may have forgotten how valuable this type of covering can be. Nowadays, as technology allows, manufacturers can develop many styles of wallpapers from the most diverse materials. Today, wallpapers are not used to cover imperfection – but to decor houses and add sophistication to any ambient.
Level Five Painting, LLC.’s project done in Marblehead (MA) with Schumacher Grasscloth
One of the main services offered by Level Five Painting, LLC. is wallpaper removal & hanging. If you are wondering how to get a wallpaper installed at your project, here are how Level Five Painting handles the process of a wallpaper hanging project.
When a client calls Level Five Painting, LLC. the first step to being taken care of is to schedule an in-person meeting at the project location.
The second step of the process is to question what type of wallpaper the client wants to be installed. This is a key question because the type of wallpaper will determine the pricing of installation as well as the quantity of wallpaper to be ordered and the duration the project will take.
Types of wallpaper
- Pre-pasted wallpaper has the adhesive applied to its back
- Unpasted wallpaper requires adding adhesive to its back to being hanged on walls
- Grasscloth: very commonly used nowadays, this type of material is texturized, with a random pattern and heavy height. It can be made from natural or synthetic fibers. Within this material, perfect seams are not possible. The client must be aware that every project done with grasscloth is different from others because of the uniqueness of this type of material
- Abstract: this type of wallpaper doesn’t display a repeated pattern. It can be done in a grasscloth or vinyl printed or linen (fabric)
- Illustrated: this type of wallpaper displays repeated patterns. Some of these wallpapers display their repeats horizontally or vertically, within the most diverse distance
- Murals: Murals are the most sophisticated wallpaper that can be handed printed, reproductions of art word, custom landscape, and etc. Those are sold by each panel
The third step of the process is to measure the dimensions by analyzing wall by wall that the wallpaper will be installed as well as if the room has doors and windows.
The fourth key question is to determine if the wallpaper has any repeats in it. It’s extremely important to emphasize that more repeats within a wallpaper it means more waste.
Wallpaper Installation Process
Level Five Painting, LLC.’s project done in Newton (MA) using the Abstract Wallpaper type
Once the project is approved it’s necessary to prepare walls. The preparation phase of any project is highly important. Nowadays, wallpapers are not created to cover imperfection, it means if your walls are not proper preparation you are wasting money. The preparation includes patching walls to fix any holes and uneven surfaces; sanding, cleaning, and priming walls (with vinyl primer) to finally install the wallpaper.
BEFORE | AFTER of a Level Five Painting, LLC.’s project done in Foxborough (MA)
Add Value to Your Project
It is important to emphasize that each type of wallpaper has different pricing. Level Five Painting, LLC. recommend to everyone that is thinking about having a wallpaper installed at home, to work with interior designers. Some wallpaper stores don’t sell wallpaper rolls direct to the client themselves, and when it does is commonly overpriced. Interior designers have access to where and how to buy the best wallpapers for you and your project without overcharging you for service and the material itself.
Wallpaper is an investment. That’s why is so important to work with professionals that won’t make you waste your time and money. Level Five Painting, LLC. works with the best interior designers of New England with years of experience.
Level Five Painting, LLC.’s project done in Needham (MA) using the Textured/Metallic Wallpaper type
Our team is ready to recommend a professional interior designer that will fit your needs, will not overcharge you and will also help you select the best wallpaper to suit your style. From our side, we only charge our clients for the preparation of walls as well as the installation of
the wallpaper. Contact us at (617) 869-9446 or firstname.lastname@example.org.