One of the busiest seasons for painters is here. Spring starts this March 20th and our painting schedule is already getting booked. Many homeowners wait until the weather is warmer to start their painting project. This makes all sense once it’s the perfect condition for painters to deal with exterior parts of houses. Because of the high volume of people looking for painters our team created a list with everything you must know before hiring a painting contractor.
WHAT YOU MUST CONSIDER:
1) Open communication: If you are planning on starting a painting project you must keep your communication open with your prospect contractor. You must tell the professional what quality you are expecting the project to be done and what it is your real budget. Those are important things to tell anyone that you are getting quotes from. This is the only way to get an ethical estimate;
2) Great recommendations: When you are searching for companies to provide an estimate you must identify companies with good online reviews and companies with references upon request – from real clients and home improvement professionals;
Take a look at this review: “The Level 5 Painting crew was extremely clean. Seriously clean. They made sure every surface was covered before taking out the old drywall, replacing it, and then painting the ceilings and walls. They were meticulous about making sure the rest of the house was undisturbed. And they did a lovely job on the drywall and paint itself.”
3) License and insurance: Verify if the contractor has insurance and license to work either with exterior and interior projects. Reliable contractors must have a Home Improvement license and asbestos/lead-safe certifications as well as trained professionals to work in those areas. Level Five Painting, LLC. has all cited insurances as well as: Workers’ Compensation; Liability and Additional Umbrella Insurance. Our team is certificated by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA);
4) Knowledge and network: What differs a great painting contractor from a regular one is knowledge. A reliable painting contractor must know not only about painting products and services but other areas of home improvement as well as know great professional references. Level Five Painting, LLC. keeps great relationships with clients and other contractors. Proudly, we are a source of contacts and recommendations for clients and collaborators. Our vast network has not only home improvement contractors but other types of professionals, such as financial ones;
5) Ask for detailed estimated: Ask for detailed estimates with EVERYTHING you need from a painting contractor. Ask for material details and if the painting crew starting your project will be the same one finishing it. Level Five Painting, LLC. maintains the same crew from the beginning to the end of each project. We keep open lines of communication during the entire painting process. On the first day of work, we introduce our painting crew to the clients and ask if they are comfortable working with them on their project. For us, this is the best way to produce an ethical work and control the quality of it;
6) Cleaning: Only hire companies that keep cleaning as a priority. Level Five Painting, LLC. is proud to be rigorous about this subject.
7) High standards: Hire painter contractors that offer support from beginning to end of any painting process. Contractors should always ask for their clients’ feedback – not only at the end of the project. Your opinion is essential in every step of the painting project. Contractors do a great job when the client gets satisfied with all results done in the project. If a company crew doesn’t promptly pay attention to their clients’ concerns it’s a great sign that they should not trust them. Level Five Painting, LLC. doesn’t finish a job without our clients’ approval. If a client tells us the project needs touch-ups or any additional services we will do it;
8) Trained and qualified professionals: Hire a company that has trained professionals in different areas. Level Five Painting, LLC. is specialized in lacquer; wallpaper; upholstery; exterior paint; glaze finish; cabinetry; stains; restoring furniture; high gloss finishes; industrial coating (epoxy, textures); Venetian plaster; faux finishes and murals.
We hope you’ve got informed with our tips. Get inspired by our exterior project selection down below. If you are thinking about starting a new project, get an estimate from us (click here). Our Spring Schedule is open and our team is ready. Have an amazing Spring!
Exterior Painting Project done in Needham (MA)
Exterior Painting Project done in Needham (MA)
Exterior Painting Project done in Winchester (MA)
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us: (617)-869-9446
Fax us: (617)-869-9446
Find us at: 950 Watertown Street (Suite 6) Newton, MA, United States